Why Intern With CFE?
Cooperative Farmers Elevator (CFE) is a leader in the agriculture industry. We are deeply rooted in over 26 communities and serve more than 5,000 members. We are dedicated to guiding the next generation of ag advocates and producers.
Gain real world, hands-on experience with CFE’s internship programs. Spend your summer learning from our top sales and operations team. Attend team meetings, farm-tours and educational opportunities. And yes, our internships are paid!
This intern may be involved in working at one of our various warehouses assisting growers with their crop protection chemicals, seed or other agronomy related products and/or services. The operational intern also will be exposed to crop scouting and some customer interaction.
Although there will still be some operational activities involved in this internship, the goal will be to have this person transition to field scouting as soon as the crop size and stage allows. All information that is gathered will be relayed to the agronomist whom they are working with.
- Cow Calf and Feedlot Nutrition – Feed sampling, ration formulation, projections, performance tracking and feedlot audits.
- Swine management – Assist with grading, trouble shooting, marketing, farm audits, training, site security checks, daily care, etc.
- Swine Nutrition – Learn formulation and ration balancing.
- Feed sales – Understand the sales process to communicate product knowledge and product usage to customers while building relationships.
- Feed manufacturing – Manufacture both feed supplements and complete feed in HACCP approved facilities.
Information Technology Internship
This intern will be working directly with CFE’s IT Operations group supporting the day to day operations of the business. Troubleshooting, educating, traveling to locations and critical thinking/ decision making are quality traits for this position.
Although there will still be some operational activities involved in this internship, the goal will be to have this person transition to Data & Analytic work as soon as comfort is gained in CFE’s network/infrastructure.
2 WAYS TO APPLY
- Fill out our Paylocity Form.
- Email your resume to HR.
- Mail your resume to:
Cooperative Farmers Elevator,
PO Box 37,
Rock Valley, IA 51247